Summer temperatures in the Vail, Arizona area can be unbearable without a reliable air conditioning system. Homeowners should regularly check their AC system to ensure it’s running properly and to catch any issues early. Green Valley Cooling & Heating is your go-to source for AC repair in Vail, Arizona. Here is a checklist of things you should do on a regular basis to keep your air conditioning unit in top shape:
1. Change the air filter: This is the most important thing you can do to maintain your AC system. Clogged air filters reduce air flow, which may cause your AC system to have to work harder and use more energy. Be sure to check your air filter every month and replace it when needed.
2. Check the outdoor unit: Make sure the outdoor unit is clear of debris such as sticks, leaves, and other debris. This can cause your AC system to overheat.
3. Check the air vents: Check your air vents to make sure there is no blockage. Blocked air vents can cause your AC system to not perform as well as it should.
4. Listen for any strange noises: Listen for any strange noises coming from your AC system. If you hear any sounds such as grinding, squealing, or rattling, it could be a sign your AC system needs to be serviced.
5. Check the temperature: Make sure your AC system is cooling properly. Check the temperature setting on the thermostat and ensure it is set correctly.
If you follow these simple steps, you can ensure that your AC system is running optimally and that you don’t have to experience any surprise breakdowns. For professional AC repair in Vail, Arizona, contact Green Valley Cooling & Heating today.
For more tips on keeping your cooling and heating system running optimally, check out this article from the Department of Energy.